Because Your Workforce Matters!
By joining the WTC and sending your employees for skills training, you are making a commitment to strengthen your workforce, your organization and our entire region! Economists and industry leaders contend that a qualified workforce is the single most critical component to retaining our stance as the world's frontrunner in manufacturing. The WTC provides the vehicle to shape the region's current and future workforce and is Jonesboro's solution to skills training. The WTC is a unique training partnership between employers and educational providers that includes but is not limited to: Arkansas State University, ASUN Jonesboro Campus, ASU Delta Center for Economic Development and the Valley View Adult Education Center. Designed to be employer driven, the WTC provides training and education for the existing workforce based on the needs of the members.
WTC is unique in the following areas
• Membership is open to all area employers.
• Classes are selected by the members.
• Curriculum is designed by the members.
• Classes are scheduled around employers' needs to accommodate employees on various shifts.
• Classes are open to all members allowing members to economically train 1 to 100 employees.
• Educational providers assist in applying for training grants when available.
• Members' dollars go further by sharing costs and classes with other members.
• Workforce Training Consortium at ASUN Jonesboro Campus is conveniently located in the Jonesboro Industrial Park.
• Specialized training equipment is dedicated to industry training.
Cost of Classes
• A target cost of $8.00 per student contact hour.
Example: 4-hour class session will cost $32 per student.
Example: 4-hour sessions (16 hours total) will cost $128 per student.
Assorted cost rebates and grants that employers may be eligible for can be coordinated in any way the WTC member would like that is approved by the grantor.
• Grant funds received by the WTC may be forwarded to the qualifying industry as applicable or entered as credit at the WTC for their future training costs.
• Those industries that choose to apply their rebates/grants for future training costs will have a training credit entered at 110% the dollar amount received.
Payments and Cancellations
Payment is by billing for the courses taken by the employee(s). If a pre-determined minimum number of people do not sign up for the class one week prior to the start date, the class will be cancelled and a cancellation notification will be sent.
• Cancellation prior to two (2) days from scheduled date of class - No Charge.
• 50% cancellation fee if cancelled within two (2) days of class.
• "No shows" on the day of the class will be billed at 100%.
• There is no penalty for sending substitute participants to classes.
Members may offer to make a donation to the WTC (equipment, materials, instructors, etc.). The WTC and the member making the donation will reach a consensus on the "value of" and the "need for" the specific donation. If a consensus cannot be reached, the donation will not be accepted by the WTC. After consensus, the value of the donation can be applied to future membership fees or future training costs to be incurred by the donating industry and/or take a 501(c)(3) tax credit.
Members are eligible to participate on curriculum subcommittees formed by the WTC. Members of these committees will:
• Review course content.
• Establish dates and times for courses.
• Recommend or select instructors.
• Establish pre/post test for course.
• Define course completion.
• Establish a financial profile for course.
• Develop future courses.